- This event has passed.
Pilbara Transport Industry Forum
November 30 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Western Australia’s transport industry is facing a number of challenges and potential disruptions from road user charging discussions to skills shortage. The forum will discuss these issues as well as update attendees on changes to the national law, and how it effects WA, and also how we can address mental health in the industry.
Update on National Road Transport Strategic Issues (40 minutes)
- Changes to Chain of Responsibility under Heavy Vehicle National Law,
- What are the changes
- Impacts for WA Operators
- Heavy Vehicle Road User Charging
- Why Heavy Vehicle Road User Charging is on the national agenda
- Opportunities and Risks
- Other Factors
- Growing Concern on Fuel Security
- Why WA transport industry is becoming concerned
- Alternative fuel options and limitations
- Impacts on regional areas
- Over Size Over Mass National Review
- Update on the national inquiry on OSOM
- Impacts on businesses relying on OSOM moves.
- Heavy Vehicle National Law Review
- Why it is being done and WA industry strategy
- National Review of Fatigue Laws
- Update on national discussions on fatigue laws
- Electronic Work Diaries, Rest Areas, Fitness for Duty
Addressing Mental Health Issues in Transport and Logistics Industry (20 minutes)
Discussion – How to Address the Shortage of Qualified Drivers in WA (40 minutes)
- Why it is only going to get worse
- What can be taken?
- How can the industry help improve regional training and education in transport and logistics?