Members are reporting an increased number of issues at Road Train Assembly Areas (RTAA).
- Abernethy Road and Northam RTAA
Reports of companies using the RTAA as a long term free parking area meaning that members using the facility for its intended purpose are having difficulty finding a parking space.
- Bedfordale Road Train Assembly Area
Members are reporting similar issues with this RTAA. The facilities at this location are in a digusting state and need to be repaired.
- Apple Street RTAA
Members are reluctant to use the Apple Street facility given the number of reports of equipment being damaged or stolen.
Members are encouraged to re-read the Main Roads Road Train Assembly Area Guidelines and Tips
Western Roads Federation has discussed the issues with Main Roads WA.
- Bedfordale RTAA has the potential to be expanded, however both Abernethy Road and Northam may not have such potential.
- Should consideration be given to imposing an enforceable time limit on parking.
- Should security cameras be installed on RTAA?
- If so who pays for the installation?
- Who pays for the monitoring of the cameras
- And who pays for a security responder in the event of an incident or concern?